Reception (seated-dinner style event): up to 350 guests
Ceremony (theater-style row seating): up to 220 guests
Split-Room (combo ceremony/reception setup): up to 200 guests
Cabaret (dinner-theater style setup): up to 250 guests
Our largest room, The Great Room has unique architectural features that makes it a highly unique and usable space for parties of anywhere from 50-350 guests. The versatility of The Great Room means that it can be set-up in a variety of ways, ensuring that your event will have a look and feel all of its own.
The Great Room has several unique features that make it stand out from the “average” event space:
- a trio of brick arches run down the middle of the room, creating just enough natural separation to provide the ability for the room to act as two different spaces, while still allowing for excellent sight & sound lines to use the space as one large room as needed;
- an indoor/outdoor “Sky Bar” where drinks are served to guests under the warm natural light of day or the starlight of the night, with LED lights built in for extra flair;
- a Bridal Suite directly connected to The Great Room, ensuring that the newlyweds will have immediate access to a spot to escape for a few quiet moments, including exclusive rooftop access for sunset and late-night photos.
All events at The Mill Top have complimentary access to our Event Coordinator Team throughout your entire planning process. The Coordinators will assist with all of the amazing ways you can customize your event; optional items include (but not limited to) linens & drapery, custom LED lighting, stunning twinkle-light displays, classic chandelier lighting, built-in sound system, flat screen televisions, and more. All room rentals include a selection of tables (round table, rectangle/banquet-style tables, etc.) and our brown banquet chairs; other colors/styles of seating, including chair covers, resin chairs, and Chiavari chairs, are available as optional enhancements.
Feel free to peruse these photos of The Great Room in various set-ups, and don’t hesitate to contact us if we can provide more information for you about The Great Room or any of our other rooms for your upcoming wedding or event!
Explanation of room setup type
- Reception: A typical setup for seated-dinner style reception for dinner & dancing. This setup will also include space for bar(s), dance floor, cake/dessert table, and buffet/station tables if needed.
- Ceremony: Theater-style setup with chairs in straight or curved rows, with an aisle and altar space for the wedding procession.
- Split-Room: A “hybrid” type of room configuration with dedicated space for a theater-style ceremony setup and a draped-off area for reception tables to be present but out of sight during the ceremony. During cocktails, guests usually exit the room to another area, and staff works to “flip” the room into the desired reception configuration.
- Cabaret: Also known as a “dinner theater” type of setup, the room is configured for the ceremony so that guests sit at their tables (set with linens only – no china, silverware, glasses, etc., to maintain a very formal look). The floor plan is set so there is an aisle and an altar space for the ceremony, as normal, but once the ceremony is done, guests can remain in the same room for cocktails, dinner, and dancing.